Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Scottish Sprint

Congratulations, Mary!

On July 10 Mary and I traveled to Payson with my sister Emily and her family for 2 reasons: 1) race in the first annual Scottish Sprint 5K, and 2) eat some haggis at Payson's Scottish Festival. Mary has run a couple of 5K's previously but not while pushing Chloe in a stroller. Well, despite the extra weight this time she beat her last time by a few minutes! Well done!

And if you're wondering about the haggis... I updated a post about our trip to Vegas where my sister, Mary and I all ate an oyster. This time the dare was for haggis.
I can't tell you how thoroughly disappointed we all were when we found out there wasn't any haggis at this year's festival.

3 comments:

  1. Looking a little red there! ;) Good job on the 5K! After my 1/2 Marathon I'm not sure I ever want to run again haha. If you work up to it you might be able to convince me to do one with you though haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't actually beat my time by a few minutes, adding 28 lbs of Chloe plus however much that jogging stoller weighed made my time about 3 minutes slower than my PR. But still I was pretty pleased. Ryan got 2nd in his age group, this was his first 5k. And Sara, I turn red just stretching for a run. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Mary!! It's hard pushing a stroller and jogging. A lot harder than people would think!

    ReplyDelete