Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A little help please

Many of you may know that I've been 'working' on a coffee table for 2+ years now. Well I'm at a point where I need some help. Does anyone who reads this know anything about leather? I've done a lot of woodworking over the years, but this is only my second project that involves leather. Last time it was small and relatively simple, this time it's large and could prove to be awkward. I'm just looking to bounce some ideas of someone besides the guy at Tandy Leather. He almost seems like he doesn't want to impart his years of wisdom to me, unless I want to pay for his class. I think I know what I want to accomplish, but I'm wondering if there's things I'm not fully considering that will bite me in the end. I've checked books out from the library, but someone with some experience could be so useful.
When the table is finally finished I will be posting pictures from all stages of the process. I must have nearly 100, plus some video.

No comments:

Post a Comment